99 bottles of beer on my wall?? Man cave blog.

99 bottles of beer on my wall?? Man cave blog.
WELCOME TO MY MAN CAVE BLOG.... JOIN ME ON THE ADVENTURE!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Deschutes Black Butte Porter...

This particular porter is one of the first porters I'd had. It's been around a long time.  I believe it was more or less one of Deschutes Brewery's flagship beers. Deschutes began as a family owned brewpub in Bend Oregon back in the late 80's I believe.  Since then they've added an absolutely ginormous brewing facility in Bend, an additional pub in Portland Oregon, and their website says they are opening a location in Roanoke Virginia.

This porter has a ABV of 5.2% and an IBU rating of 30. It pours very dark colored, and tastes of dark chocolate with a hint of coffee and a roasted type of aftertaste.  The chocolate is not as forward as some porters I've had, I'm thinking because some have a more milk chocolaty flavor compared to the dark chocolate flavor this one has.

91 more beers to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment