99 bottles of beer on my wall?? Man cave blog.

99 bottles of beer on my wall?? Man cave blog.
WELCOME TO MY MAN CAVE BLOG.... JOIN ME ON THE ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

BEER NUMBER 4: after this, 95 BEERS LEFT BEFORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON...

Today I'm a day late.  We had family in town yesterday and dropped them off at the airport today so I will try to not get further behind and review a beer.  Today's beer is Namaste White Belgian-Style Witbier.  This brew is put out by Dogfish Head Brewery, which I believe is in Delaware.  Can't say I've been there...

Namaste White is a "Belgian style White Ale brewed with dried organic orange flesh and peel, fresh-cut lemongrass, a bit of coriander, peppercorns and a healthy dose of good karma." It has 4.8% alcohol by volume and I think it's about 20 IBU according to one source.

This beer has a lot going on, it's light, has some bitterness, some spiciness and a bit of citrus flavor.  It's getting good reviews on sources such as beeradvocate.com and such.  I am no professional reviewer, I don't pretend to be one, I'm just doing this for kicks... and personally, this beer is not my cup of tea. I'm thinking it's the peppercorns that I don't care for, and I generally peppercorn flavor (in anything but beer it seems). I can understand that it would have appeal to certain tastes, but for me 5 ounces was enough, I'll see what my wife thinks about the rest... well, she had some, thought it was a bit "smokey and interesting", it's certainly different from what we've had generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment